Saturday, February 17, 2018

Pam Keller (Canada) sent in an article about the origins of NBC's epic Olympic music. She commented, "our doorbell is the theme song to the Olympics."



Quote from John Williams:
“I’m not an avid sports fan and I have never been to an Olympics,” Williams said of his work in a 1984 interview with The New York Times. “But from watching Olympics competition on television, I gained a feeling that I aspired to make the theme of ‘Fanfare.’ A wonderful thing about the Olympics is that young athletes strain their guts to find and produce their best efforts. The human spirit stretching to prove itself is also typical of what musicians attempt to achieve in a symphonic effort. It is difficult to describe how I feel about these athletes and their performances without sounding pretentious, but their struggle ennobles all of us. I hope I express that in this piece.”

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/02/14/nbc-olympic-theme-music-john-williams/

12 spirit points for Pam (Canada) for the article and changing your doorbell to be the Olympic theme.

10 spirit points for Gary (Japan) for changing your doorbell to be the Olympic theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment